More

On Thursday night I was at the pre-celebration worship service, kicking off 48 hours of House of prayer for the 11/11/11 global prayer day.

I actually thought I was arriving 30 minutes late, but realized I arrived 30 minutes early. I ended up soaking in God's presence in one of the back rooms for 30 minutes. As I could hear the worship team practice, the sound carried in a very hallow, echo-y type of reverb (similar to one of the filters on garage band), I just felt so peaceful and full and warm. It was a cold night outside and not particularly warm in the back rooms, but I felt this presence sit on me, and it was so comforting. I love God.

As the worship started off, I sat closest to one of the side walls and was joining in praise in my seat. Even in the fast and upbeat songs, I continued to sit and sing praises and raise my hands. As there were prayer requests being facilitated every so often, the room would just join together in prayers and songs. People were in the aisles, back and front dancing, praising, soaking, lifting. It was awesome.

At one moment of praise, I was so in awe of God and started to feel smaller and smaller. Do you ever get that feeling? Almost like you're not worthy and want to shrink away? And in the middle of that moment, I felt God say,
"You're not less because I am God. 
You are more because I am God." 
I was astounded. First in awe even though the full meaning didn't hit me right away...and growing more in awe as revelation was filling me up. Even in the greatness of who God is, He is still drawing me nearer. He is not phased by my humanness...nor wants me to "shrink" away... into "holy shame" or my false ideas of humility before Him. He wants the opposite...because with every step closer I come to Him, I can be that step closer in the promises He's fulfilling in me and my identity in Him (which is like Himself.) I am more and continue to be more in being closer with God. Thank You Jesus! 

At one point I laid down on the chairs and "sloaked" which is a half way point of soaking and sleeping. I couldn't tell if I was awake or not. Too aware to be sleeping, too out of it to be awake, but my spirit felt so good in the worship that was going on all around.

The the band changed. I could tell by the excitement all around and as the song "Jesus you're beautiful" was being sung. I bolted sitting straight up and started to sing with all my heart. I'm sure someone witness probably would thought I rose from the dead, haha! I was still singing and with outstretched hands lifted up, having a renewed sense of energy and then people started to dance with joy, getting excited, having a good ol' time praising Jesus.

Then the MC told us to find someone and give them joy with a hug. I hugged a lady right in front of me and she smiled. We didn't even introduce ourselves but found ourselves hugging ea other for a few minutes, wordless, full of joy. I was about to sit back down in my seat to find a man had taken my spot and then without a second's notice, started dancing and dancing and dancing! I danced like I didn't care, and I didn't! I danced like no one else was in the room and others were doing the same and it was awesome that in heaven, we will not be bored but having a grand ol' party and celebrating all the time.
 Being in a room full of people that adore Jesus is so awesome. I realized when I got home, I was there for 5 hours. Time flew by.

The next night, more dancing, like I've never danced before. I've never danced like I have these last two nights and it's all for Jesus and it was awesome! :) Best joyful exercise I've had ever!

Comments

Popular Posts