So much to write, and not enough time

Everyday is filled with so many thoughts, wonders, revelations and I can relate where is says in the bible that "Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."

 Yesterday I was in my OT class (BTW, can I say that I LOVE my OT class???????? I DO!) and as we were going through Ezekiel and talking about Ezekiel's vision and God's glory, I had a side thought/prayer.

"Lord. Do you think I can experience your glory cloud, like be in the middle of it?"
And I heard, "You already are in it."

I was blown away. Hahah, of course, Jesus is in us and so is His glory. Even the "glory cloud" is more common than we think but we do not see with spiritual eyes, but with natural ones.

Then, the instructor, Mike Tesauro, was mentioning that God's presence and glory is amazing as much as God would reveal it, but even if we could not see it, Jesus is in us. The greatest glory is usually not the ones that is manifested visibly (but praise God for those!) but us being taken from glory to glory. God in us. :)  Cool, huh?

There are a billion and one awesome revelations during that class, through His word and His voice. I love it!

***

Last week I attended a memorial service. I had spent some time living on Buckeye Street in Redding. It considered one of the poorest neighborhoods in Redding with high crime rate. Last year, a group of BSSM students decided to dedicate time to prayer walk through that neighborhood and crime dropped 50%. Now, there is a house church, praise nights, prayer walks, creative arts night in the neighborhood as well as a free block party hosted by Bethel.

As I was living in one of apts there, there was a woman named Deborah living next door. From time to time I would see her just outside her front door, taking a breather, or enjoying the weather. I would say "Hi Deborah! How are you doing?" At times she would comment on her health problems or just answer casually about hanging out, but always saying that she's trusting in Jesus and gently and with a slight smile on her face.

One day I had made a batch of chocolate chip scones and had too much to eat, so I went over to give Deborah a baggie. I knocked on the door and she answered but she was on the phone. I just briefly explained what the contents were and she just seemed so touched. I could see in her eyes that she was a loving kind of woman and considerate. I quickly left since I was on the verge of running late somewhere.

The next time I saw her was briefly at the neighborhood block party. I saw her and called out her name and she gave me a hug. I don't remember what we talked about but brief exchanges.

I had moved out of the apt and down the street, but heard from my friends one night, that there was an ambulance at one of the place next to where I used to live. Someone had passed away. Soon after I realized it was Deborah. I still don't know what the cause was and didn't think it important to ask what of, but felt a bit of sadness and peace at the same time. I knew that she was partying it up with Jesus and having a grand ole time.

Going to her memorial service was the best experience I've had at one. It was so beautiful, not necessarily because of the ambiance. The sanctuary was not packed at all, but I could feel the love and God's spirit. A whole group of BSSM friends/students sitting on one side, and family members and friends in the center. One after another people were giving testimonies about Deborah and the two loves of her life: Jesus and family.

Sitting and listening, I could feel the love her friends and family had for her, the love she gave out and also God's love for her. He is so proud of her and she fulfilled her purpose of redistributing His love. Wow, so great. The service was not heavy at all.

In the end I went to the bathroom. A strange picture came to mind where I was hugging someone in the middle of the women's bathroom and after I finished my business, I saw a woman washing her hands as I was. I recognized her as one of the friends of Deborah's that gave a testimony. I thanked her for her testimony and we chatted a bit. I expressed that I just feel the love of Deborah's life in the place and am blessed. The woman asked if she could hug me and knowingly, of course I said "Yes." And there we were hugging in the middle of the women's bathroom. We looked at each other and knew that we were family in Christ, and off we parted.

***

Moving again.
YES, this is my third move, but this time it is out of Redding. I'll be moving to the bay area. I know it's been over 2 months since being here at Redding, but to me just a blink of an eye! God has given, revealed, healed, restored SO much here... no much to write!!! But off to my next assignment! I'll be with my family in the bay area and looking for a job.

I look back and already missing my friends here in Redding. I'm still missing my friends in Seoul. God is amazing and I'm so blessed to meet so many wonderful people and witnessing what God is doing in all of your lives!

<3

Comments

Popular Posts