God is alive in the Bay Area


Last night I had a church in mind to visit this morning, but as I got up today it turned into two. As I set out on my directed destination, it took me some figuring out how to get to my destination by BART (one of the Bay Area train systems) and bus.

As I walked into the church and sat down, I felt God all around immediately. Thank you Jesus! :) Since returning back to the Bay Area I've been asking God what church would He want me be a part of.

At first, I felt Him say, let me show you something first. He took me through six churches, all very different. I didn't go with the expectation that when I walked on that campus I was "shopping" for a church but asking God, "What do you want me to see here?" or "How do you want to use me today here?" Of course, I would also ask, "Is this a place where you want me to be part of a family?" but not with the mindset of comparing praise sets, messages, pastors, size of the buildings or number of ministries...etc. Let's just say that God was giving me a tour of His houses in the bay area, and you know what? It is awesome. I'm not saying that I don't want a home church or that I don't want to commit to a church, but to be able to see some churches that are seeking God, where pastors are fanning embers, sparks, flames, bonfires for God, it is amazing. As He was showing me His heart for His children through these churches, I realized He was showing me, at the same time, a false belief I was carrying with me in the Bay Area--it is spiritually flatline. I hadn't realized how subtle the lie was hiding in me, but I thank God for showing me how great He is, no matter where He is and I expose and break that lie in Jesus Name!

Another observation I'm realizing is that God is bringing and building up a spiritual army in California. I see how He's "transferring" warriors transplants in areas and also seeing the young men and women catching fire to live life differently from a "status quo" Christian life, but a life that is full in Jesus' identity, love, confidence and kingdom. This is a very different state that I would have ever imagined for the Bay Area, and I also had to be repentful to God in not trusting Him with my old stomping grounds. God amazes me all the time! He reminds me that He is still God, no matter if He is the God of Abraham, Jacob, David or me, Esther. He God no matter if He is the God of Israel, IHOP, Bethel, or my couch. He is God of the foreign mission field or in my family and the familial. God you're amazing!

Comments

Popular Posts