A love poem

In the beauty of the morning
the melodies of sweetness tickle my ears
The light of your words radiate in my wake
As I open my eyes
and smile
in the warmth of your love

Keep me close to you
Let me never leave your side
We can take the world together
when your hope in me
breaks away the sleep and dross

And the sound of distant horns
clarify in victory
the call, the alarm, the winning cry
that the spoils are already claimed

Fear? a feeble lie
Insecurity? a dying foe
Anxiety & Depression? fleeing in retreat
as you kiss my cheek and lead me on
into the midday trails of releasing captives
setting prisoners free

And at dusk
with the cooling colors of royalty and
rich vibrant skies,
A love note to say,
I'm still here with you by your side

You send the sweet evening breeze to
serenade the star-lit waltz and the moon
with its bow
to send refreshment to the weary
the broken
to bring hope
to the hopeless
rest for the restless
a future for all

And thank you, my love
for the angelic choirs
that sings me to bed
with sweet dreams of tomorrow
and your love that never ends
never fails
always protects
always trusts
always hopes
always perseveres

As I drift off to sleep
I can't wait
'til I awake again
for your melodies again





Comments

  1. As I drift off to sleep
    I can't wait
    'til I awake again
    for your melodies again

    ATTITUDE: to look foward, and handle buisness,the next DAY : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts