Heroes & a Night Session

A few weeks ago I was in my room and I was recalling a sermon about heroes that I had heard by podcast. It is so interesting that as a country and a culture (as the U.S.), we look for Heroes and admire give much attention to them, whether it is a deed they had performed, a standard that they achieved, or a new territory that they have boldly conquered.

The following Sunday when I attended Southbay church, I saw a bookmark sized insert in the Sunday bulletin and there plainly was written "Heroes" on the front. This was a print announcement of the next series of messages that the leaders of the church would present in the coming month.

This was pretty cool because the Holy Spirit was giving me a heads up with the messages that was going to be preached at this church and to pay attention! :) Anyway, the point is that with the end of this series (Heroes) it has been such a powerful exhortation, so reviving, convicting and powerful display of truth. Revisiting the lives of David, Esther, and Daniel, it is really amazing what God can do in a life that surrenders to obey. Church is pretty exciting. God and His word is exciting!!!

The pastor challenged and reminded us, that similar to a runner at the Olympics, the goal is not to necessarily focus on a powerful and quick head start, but to finish strong and with everything you got. Concerning integrity, you gotta keep moving to the finish line. No need to be limping over the finish line, but running strong. Very inspiring.

Here is the link to their audio media if you're interested:
http://www.southbaychurch.org/media/

***
My new favorite band is Rend Collective Experiment. The last two days I woke up with this song in my head and decided to record a night session with it!

This wonderful song is called, "Movements" by Rend Collective Experiment.
Just a recording of me, a guitar on my computer




I WANNA SOAR WITH YOU
Movements
Rend Collective Experiment


I wanna soar with You
Upon wings like eagles,
But I'll crawl with You too
When the dark and lonely questions come.
I wanna stand true,
No matter what's new or comes through.
I can't stand still,
Whatever hits, I'll keep making movements to You - oo.


I'm running fast and free to You, 
Cos You are the movement and fight in me.
I'm running fast and free to You,
Cos You are my home where I wanna be;
Come, move in me. Where I wanna be; Come, move in me.


I wanna float with You,
The current's driving me,
But I'll paddle hard too,
When the waves and rapids overcome.
I wanna stand firm
When my mind's weak and my emotions squirm;
I must stand true,
Whatever hits, I'll keep making movements to You.

I won't walk away, won't walk away.
Won't walk away, wont walk away.
Yeah, won't walk away, won't walk away.
Yeah, won't walk away, won't walk away.


Comments

Popular Posts