A Snippet from the Head of the Year (Sept 2012)

a memory from when I was traveling, on my way to Kansas City...

As I arrived to SFO Airport, I sat down a little way from my gate. An Asian, older-looking police officer was passing by and complimented my Macbook, saying that it must be a newer model. I told him that is was actually an older model because it was white. He stopped and we had a long conversation about where I was going and part of my testimony. Although he professed that he was not Christian and didn't want to receive prayer from me, he continued to speak to me as if He was prophesying. I was very aware that he wanted to stay and keep in conversation. People were passing by, curious as to why a police officer was speaking to me for 20 minutes in a heart felt conversation, but I was praying the Holy Spirit to work through his heart. He was sharing and speaking to me like a father to his daughter. He had mentioned that he had a daughter similar in age to me. And although this man does not know the ultimate Heavenly Father, it is almost as if I could feel God's "Fatherness" from this man's tender heart. It is amazing who you can speak life to if you would just stop and look around. I know the Holy Spirit is after him and I though I can't prove it, I know something is changing in his heart. Thank you Jesus.

addition:
Now that I think about this, it is amazing because this incident was a prelude, another snippet into what I would be walking into at International House of Prayer-KC. God was to unravel another amazing layer of His role as a father to my life...and how good and amazing He is. Not only that, but also that I would learn more of how a daughter who has a good Father reacts towards Him! Wow, Thank you Daddy!


Comments

Popular Posts