Wisdom, Understanding, Knowledge

Last week I was in the prayer room and Proverbs 3 came to mind.
As I read through the well known proverb, my focus came near the center and later parts of the Proverb. On other occasions I would normally gravitate toward the beginning part of the proverb (also the more well known part) where it speaks of trusting the Lord, but here is what I found:

Proverbs 3:19-20
"By wisdom the Lord laid the earth’s foundations, by understanding he set the heavens in place;
     by his knowledge the watery depths were divided,
    and the clouds let drop the dew."


I stuck on these two verses as my mind tried to grapple with this description of creation. From wisdom, understanding and knowledge the Lord created.

From God's wisdom, the earth's foundations were created.
From God's understanding, the heavens were created
From God's knowledge, the oceans and skies (atmosphere) was created

I particularly got stuck on the imagery from "by his knowledge, the watery depths were divided..."
Can you imagine what that must of looked like when God was creating the earth?
the watery depths were divided....

The phrase ran over and over in my head through the morning...
Wow, so beyond what anyone can comprehend, yet so amazing of God!
I even told one of my team members that morning about how I was stuck on the verse.

I was pondering in how wisdom, understanding and knowledge establishes something so concrete and tangible. From concept to conception. (Ok, I know this is getting a little floaty-theoretical- out there, but it states it in the Bible so hang in here with me!) From knowledge the watery depths were divided.


Last night I was skimming through the book "Growing in the Prophetic" by Mike Bickle and at the bottom of page 23 I found this verse printed:

Proverbs 24:3-4
"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;
  through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."



WHAT???
The same three words popped out: wisdom, understanding, & knowledge.
Wait, this is not the same verse but again stated in Proverbs.

Through wisdom a structure is built
Through understanding it is made secure and realized
Through knowledge it is defined with beauty...

Oh, man... okay
First of all, Thank you Jesus for answering my question to what that verse means!!!
and second, this opens doors to a whole bunch of doors... I can't write about them now, but its a little something for you to chew on!

Comments

Popular Posts