I am starting to read "The Call" by Rick Joyner. It is the second book of the "Final Quest Series."
I'm so excited! :)

Here's a little nugget from it:

"Just when I thought I would be overwhelmed by His glory, He reached out and touched me on the forehead, gently but firmly. When He did this, my mind became focused and clear.

'You began to look at yourself. This will always bring confusion, making it harder for you to hear Me. Every time you experience My touch, your mind will become clearer. Every time you feel My presence, know that I have come to touch you in order that you may see Me and hear Me. You must learn to abide in My presence without becoming self-conscious and self-absorbed. This causes you to turn from the truth that is in Me and turn to the deception that is in your fallen nature.

Many people fall when My Spirit touches them. The time for falling is over. You must learn to stand when My Spirit moves. If you do not stand when My Spirit moves, He cannot use you. The heathen should fall before Me, but I need for My people to stand so that I can use them.'

I hear the irritation in the Lord's voice when He said this. I felt that it was like the irritation He seemed to have with the disciples in the gospels. Immediately I understood that His irritation usually came when they started looking at their inadequacies or failures.

'Lord, I'm sorry,' I pleaded, 'but your presence is so overwhelming. How do I keep from feeling so small when I'm close to you like this?

'You are small but you must learn to abide in my presence without looking at yourself. You will not be able to hear from Me or speak for Me if you are looking at yourself. You will always be inadequate. You will always be unworthy for what I call you to do, but it will never be your adequacy or worthiness that causes me to use you. You must not look at your inadequacy but look to My adequacy. You must stop looking at your unworthiness and look at My righteousness. When you are used, it is because who I am and not who you are...'"





Comments

Popular Posts