Happy Kislev! Day 2: A month of remembrance of thanksgiving, dreams & miracles!

Healing Miracle

I remember a day in the summer of 2011, my friend and I were visiting Redding, California. This was before I returned back to Seoul, South Korea and ended up moving to Redding almost two months later.

We were sitting in an IHOP (the pancake house), enjoying our meals, when we noticed an elderly couple sitting in a booth to the side of us. They must of been in their 70's and it looked like they were having a good meal together. The man called out to me and inquired if I was of Japanese decent. I answered him politely and told him that my background was Korean. He went to further explain that he had just watched a soccer game the night before and one of the teams playing was a Japanese team.

We conversed a little while longer, speaking across the aisle, but he asked me to repeat my answers since he was hard of hearing in the one ear closest toward my direction. That's when my friend verbally nudged me to pray for healing for the man. It took me a second, but I responded quickly so that I wouldn't lose my nerve to ask if the man would like prayer. I went over to the booth and after a brief explanation, I asked the man if I could pray for his ear. Both he and his wife were very receptive and delighted at the request.  They mentioned that they attend a church down the road.

I sat down next to him in the booth and prayed for healing for his ear. I asked him to cover his "good" ear and started snapping in the ear that couldn't hear. I asked if he could hear anything. He replied that he wasn't sure.  I asked if I could pray for him a second time and we repeated the test. He jumped in his seat. "Oh! I think I hear something!" as I was snapping. I prayed a quick third prayer of full healing and told him that the fullness may come later. He an his wife were so amazed.

I introduced my friend and we ended up having a wonderful conversation at the booth for a little while longer.

We walked away from the IHOP where I prayed for healing and my friend blessed the couple by picking up their tab.

***

God, you are amazing! I didn't feel any different of who I was as I was praying over this man. I didn't feel like any "special powers" came over me just before the miracle happened, but it was all You! I'm thankful that you care about people and you want us be part of the joy of dispensing your truth and life!



Comments

Popular Posts