Happy Kislev! Day 3: A month of remembrance of thanksgiving, dreams & miracles!

Divine Appointments

About 4 weeks ago I was taking the bus home from work. I noticed a man (in his 20's) getting off the same stop I was getting off. As we crossed the street, he was walking quickly (probably about 40 feet ahead of me), I noticed he walked into the same community that I was also heading to. Sure enough, he turned into the same street I was going to turn as well. He finally took another turn off the route I was heading and I continued my way. The comical thought entered my mind briefly that we were riding the same bus (feet apart) and living in the same complex (yards apart) wondering if we would meet again.
*
About 2 weeks ago, again I was taking the bus home and I noticed the same man get off at the same stop. This time, as we were waiting for the signal to cross the street, I addressed him. I asked him if he lived in the community complex ahead and he became very friendly and chatty.

We walked together across the street and asked what the other did for work. Before we knew it, we found out that we both make our commute to Pasadena and back. Then the young man asked a poignant question, "Do you believe what you're doing is what you really want to do?" (or something like that.) Thoughts of how to introduce God into the conversation were swirling around my head, but my spirit just felt it was pushing me forward, 'Just lay it out.'

My answer was very simple and vague, in which I told him that I do believe I'm doing what I want to do--to bring light, joy and truth wherever I go. I further explained that there is so much negativity, depressions, darkness around. People are use to perpetuate worry, fear, anxiety, doubt, anger. Who is there to perpetuate freedom, truth, love and goodness?

This man continued to ask, "And how do you go about doing that?"

In reply, I told him flat out, "I just go and do whatever God directs me to," (half expecting him to think I'm out of my mind.)

Then, he in turn starts exhorting me and speaking into my destiny to speak truth and the power of God in me to speak from my lips. He told me not to fear to speak about God and affirming me of my gift to speak into people in order to bring release. At this I was smiling from ear to ear, just nodding in agreement and my spirit in delight. I encouraged him at the word he just spoke out.

I then asked to pray for this man and his needs. By this time we are in front of my friend's house (where I am staying) and I just laugh because this is a real fellowship encounter in the spirit. I pray over him, his health and his future and by the end of the prayer we just laugh and realize we found a new family member in Christ.
*
Last Sunday, my friend and I attend a prayer meeting that this young man had invited us to (just down the street.) By the end of the meeting, several hours later, we felt that we left a family that we never knew we had. Silly us, thinking it would take a couple hours, but God had something very special instead. The diverse and wonderful family of Christ will always feel like home, because the hearts of those who really love Jesus will always ignite each other.

***
Thank you God for divine appointments, and those who give love freely. Thank you for your family and how we encourage one another!








Comments

Popular Posts