Happy Kislev! Day 30: A month of remembrance of thanksgiving, dreams & miracles!

Rest
When I was younger, I loved to sleep. I thought I couldn't get enough of it! Maybe it was a way to escape, or feel like stress melted away when I went to sleep.

I realized soon enough that sleep didn't take away the stress or anxiety of the day. The more I realized that I was a "people-pleaser," I, not only let my burdens trouble me, but also burdens of others on top of that!

God really confronted this when I was living in South Korea. There were many sleepless nights in a very active city. Finally, when God was really pinpointing many areas of my life that was held captive by ungodly things, I realized I wanted to be free more than anything else. What made me so brave to overcome what many would rather ignore? Love. God kept breaking my definitions of love. One after the other, when I thought I knew what it was, He kept outgrowing that glass box of definition. Finally He was growing bigger than the rate I could make boxes for Him. At least that is what it seemed like. The reality is that He's already so much larger than any box I can try to contain Him in.

Anyway, when I started to realize that God and His love is bigger than any anxious thought, any fear, any scheme of any person--good or bad, I learned to rest...truly rest. It isn't because I first saw how big God was, but when I started to believe it. Peace is priceless.

To rest on God in any storm is heaps more peaceful than to rest on any man-made accomplishments that is fading fast.

**
Thank you God for true rest, because you made rest for mankind and called it holy.


Comments

Popular Posts