God's name is Wonderful...

On Wed, I decided to head on over to PIHOP (Pasadena International House of Prayer) after work.
As I sat on the Persian rug on the ground and slouched over the pillows against the wall, I felt a sigh of relief!
I love PIHOP. I always feel the presence of God here!
I took out my Bible and decided to read Isaiah 8-9:7.
Particularly, 9:6-7 stood out:
"For a child has been born for us,
    a son given to us;
authority rests upon his shoulders;
    and he is named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
His authority shall grow continually,
    and there shall be endless peace
for the throne of David and his kingdom.
    He will establish and uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
    from this time onward and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this."

My eyes went back to Isaiah 9:6, I just stopped at the word "Wonderful."
"He is named Wonderful Counselor."
I had to stop and ask myself, 'How often do I describe God as wonderful?'
'Do I think God is wonderful from personal experience?'
There are many times that I refer to Him as Counselor, but I just sat and chewed on these words as the worship leader in the background was singing deep minor chord-ed songs.
'His name is Wonderful...'
As I laid down to meditate and soak, I asked God, 'I want to know you as wonderful...full of wonder & awe, beautiful, mighty, great and amazing.' I want to say, 'God is wonderful!' and let it come from my inmost being.
One of the songs was describing God and the word 'wonderful' came up over and over, like it was washing over me as I was meditating on God's character.
The worship transitioned to another worship band and after a good hour of soaking, my spirit became alive in worship. Singing in worship together with several people in the prayer house and the band, refreshment came to my spirit and adoration rose up as we sang in words and in tongues. So sweet and lovely!
God you are so wonderful!



Comments

Popular Posts