Revisiting an old entry

I came across this old entry from March 2011.
I just thought is was re-post worthy. :)

Awaken Now
(written while riding in a subway car from Yangjae to Ahnguk Stn.)

Over time, over years
I call to you and you do not hear
Watch out my love, the danger is near
but my voice does not reach your ears

Please, oh please! Turn this way!
Don't go far or go astray
the wolves are close to watch it's prey
Waiting when we're apart

Waiting
Waiting
Waiting
everyday

Can't you hear my call?
My voice has touched your ears so dull
and I'm waiting for the day
when we can be reunited again

Come back my love
Do you not recall?
When love was so sweet
When the grass was tall?

Come back my love
and do not forget
Your true love
still lives,
still loves,
again and again

A time has come that shakes your rest
A turbulent ground
that shakes and bends
your home, your heart, and dreams
Wake up from the bewitching fantasy

To see your true love
is here and now
And not under a distant star

Awake and know and take my hand
Out of the pit and mire and sinking sand

The time is now to be set free
To rise up out of captivity

Arise and wake, my sleeping love
While the time is ripe
Awaken now.



Comments

Popular Posts