Unattended offense will inevitably lead to distortion.

Unattended offense will inevitably lead to distortion.


Justice is a very noble cause to fight for.
Imagery and themes of bravery, integrity, character come to a beautiful montage when I think of justice.

But when I look at the news and social media feeds of today's day and age, the name of Justice takes on a very different reel. Any trust in media has pretty much disintegrated into dust.

What people want to say in blogs doesn't really bother me so much, because people do have a right to voice their opinions. That is what I am doing, but still, the way some are venting, it is not really different than what media sources are doing...igniting a ticking time bomb.

I know that war against evil is not a pretty sight. War, in itself is very bloody and gruesome. War is war and I understand there are costly casualties that fall in sacrifices to war.

My question comes back to integrity and the definitions of Justice.

When I see outcomes of violence, rage and no/little concern for human value, that is what is disturbing to me...If respect for people (as human beings) gets thrown out the window, then what is it that people are fighting for?  How do they know that their ideas are one, in the same, with the comrade next to them? Or their leader as a matter of fact...even if it is the same as the cause they so easily defend?

Are they fighting from a place of anger, vengeance or a need to be right?
Or, are they fighting from a place of wanting restoration of human value?

If it is the later, then does devaluing someone justify restoring the value of someone else?
It seems like an unraveling cause which will self destruct or implode.
If it is the later, then heroism looks like defending someone is a result of being offended, instead of wanting to cultivate restoration on all sides.

Does justice look like: the main motor demands punishment as the initial and primary cause?
An eye for an eye? If this is what floods a mind of a person who is seeking justice, watch out.

Even though it seems not possible at the moment, let's drop the political situation of our country for a moment. Forget what so-n-so said and what policies, and who is banning who and who leaked out whatever!

If person A is offended by person B, does it give person A the right to offend someone else to prove that person B is offensive?

Unattended or unmonitored offense will inevitably lead to distortion. If I may say so... even blinding distortion. The cause will get lost (even though that will be the excuse) in the midst of growing anger/rage...violent speech, acts... and the label of "justice" & "righteousness" will be slapped on as an excuse for its behavior. It sounds like very similar behavior to some groups labelled in the Bible as "Pharisees."

My reason for this blog entry is not to cut off conversations. It is not to shut down opposing views.
It doesn't matter if you disagree with me. Should a person's opinion of me change who I am as a person?

I hope not! I'm not perfect, and I assume the next human being isn't either. Do I get angry? Yes, at times. Do I get offended? Yes, at times. But I aim to align myself with my beliefs of Jesus and the value systems of the Bible. One in which is: "Be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to become angry, because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires." James 1:19-20

Do I expect you to do the same? Well, if you don't follow Jesus, I hope I don't hold you to those same standards. Why should I? We don't necessarily follow the same values, but that doesn't mean I will make you my enemy. But I will still follow my value system without apologies. I hope you don't make me an enemy because of it.

I do hope that what we share in value systems and convictions as fellow citizens of this country, but also human beings, putting us on respectful and honoring common ground. Why should it not?

So, for those who are willing, there should be a common place to share views, convictions and beliefs without bloodshed.

I do have a problem when people start sacrificing each other on the alter of "justice," being blood thirsty to satisfy a "righteous" attitude without really wanting understanding. Honestly, to me, that is not justice. That is selfishness.




Comments

Popular Posts