Good Food. I 💟 it!

Several years ago I felt like God wanted me to love myself more. This didnt mean sleeping in all the time, buying whatever on a whim, playing video games all week long, traveling to every exotics dream vacation, or binge watching tv shows.
God challenged me in my mindset first before my actions followed. I was living on my own and didn't want to cook much because it was just for one person. My thoughts were, 
'Why? Its just for me.' 
Then my thoughts started changing to, 
'If noone else is around, wouldn't I matter just the same? Does God value others more than me?' 
Of course the answer is 'No.'
Why shouldn't I exert the same kind of effort to make a good meal for myself?
That started a discipline to cook for myself as if I am an important person. 
Jesus definitely thinks so if he gave up his life for me!
I started cooking for myself to love my health and body: to take care of myself and fill it with healthy foods as a practice of love. Wouldn't I do the same for my future family? 
This is just one way God challenged me to love myself. By doing this, it enhances the way I love others.
For you it may be different. Maybe its not about eating the right kinds of foods, but maybe going out on pensive outings with Him. How would you challenge yourself to love you more in the way God wants you to be loved?


Comments

Popular Posts