Miracle & healing! HD Worker

It has been a while since I've been asking God to heal people physically and miraculously.
I have grown up in church culture where they common phrase about healing is, "In God's perfect ways, and timing," which I am in totally agreement with. What I don't agree with, though, is to use that phrase to buffer disappointment, "just in case" it doesn't happen. The heart of that is actually the opposite of what the words are to be conveyed. It is an anti-faith disguised as faith.

In the past several years, I've watched the multiple Darren Wilson's films, from "The finger of God" to "Holy Ghost Reborn," which show amazing and awesome stories of the movement of Holy Spirit in miracles, signs, wonders and the testimony of who Jesus is in the most unlikely places in the world. Of course, there is healing involved in many of the documented stories.

I sat under a teaching of Tom & Carol Arnott, who shared about how God is wonderful and He shows signs and wonders and part of who He is...and partly to bring us into wonder, a wonder about who God is! (I saw a large Gold dust swirly cloud at this conference.)

I've watched Heidi Baker's documentary and attended a few conferences where she shares her testimony, and she had said that she'd pray for hundred(s?) of people for healing before she saw her first miracle.

I also attended the 3 day school of "Power & Love" with Todd White & Tom Ruotolo, in which they teach and send us out immediately to pray & love on people in the local, surrounding areas.

All of these were seeds that were building and watering my faith in a God who is able to do anything. There is a difference between me 'knowing God can do anything' vs. believing and practicing my faith in that He really can!

This month, I attended a 4 day healing school with Joan Hunter. (It's really longer than that because you read 7 books and watch 10+ hours of DVDs and then you attend the classes.)

One of the teachings Joan explains is about how healing (can take time) vs. a miracle that is pretty instantaneous. A person can be in need of both (a healing & a miracle.) She explains in many different ways that usually the root problem (of inner healing or a physically healing) is a trauma that had been experienced by a person or passed down through  the generational line. To minister to a person with physical needs, you pray for both the trauma (in the soul &/or body) to be cursed in Jesus name, address any issues of unforgiveness to be forgiven (and given over to the cross), and speak healing to the body in Jesus name.

Home Depot
When I was immersing myself in the readings and watching the DVDs, it was a unusual busy time. I was dealing with a deadline to finish a website, the deadline of getting my readings and paperwork in for the healing school and dealing with contractors who were redoing my mother's condo (I was visiting and overseeing this), who didn't seem to have everything prepared and didn't know the proper order and information to give me (plus the language barrier), which led me to many trips to Home Depot. I was also watching my sister and brother 'n law's dog, which meant taking him out multiple times a day.

I usually time things out where I can deal with things in a timely matter, but this was pretty hectic and I was thinking, 'Okay... What in the world is going on here God?' It really felt like an attack of the enemy, because I felt like I wasn't really absorbing what I was reading, or watching. I watched the DVDs at least 2-3 times each!

But God is amazing in taking things that seem chaotic and bringing beautiful things about! About my 3rd trip to Home Depot, I found myself asking a young man who works there about shower handles. He was very knowledgeable about the information of the particular handles I was looking for since I brought the old ones as samples.

We continued to converse as I was sharing how I had hoped the contractors I was working with would be better prepared and "J", the HD worker, seemed very sympathetic and even apologetic for my situation. I was surprised as he apologized again for me (a customer) having to deal with work/ers that were not dealing with the project with excellence. He then further explained that he used to love and be involved with contract work, but due to an injury, on the job, he could no longer do the work he loves to do. Right then and there I felt that I needed to pray for him. It wasn't an urge... it was a need! He continued to explain that he has a spiral fracture in his leg...

So I asked him if I could pray for him right away, before I could think otherwise. And he said yes!
I prayed, in the name of Jesus, that the trauma is cursed and any pain to leave, for new bones to be replaced and proper alignment be made in Jesus name. I asked him after if he could feel the difference. He was bending his knees to check and as if he was talking to himself, he said,
"You know what, it feels better? It feels better."

He kept checking and I asked him on a scale from 1 - 10 how much it hurt before and how much does it hurt now.  He couldn't give me an answer, so I asked him what percentage does his leg seem healed? 0%? 10%? ...
"70%!" he exclaimed, and added..."We just had church in HD!"
"Yes, we did!" I replied laughing. I asked if I could pray for him again and he said 'Yes!'

I prayed again and asked him to check it out. I told him to give me an honest answer if there were any changes. And he kept answering again, "It feels better, it feel better," as if he didn't really believe it as he was pacing and bending his knees. This time I couldn't get a number from him. But he had told me that it was definitely better from the first time I prayed for him.

I asked a third time to pray, saying that I'm willing to pray until all the pain is gone, but he insisted that he thinks that it will be better. Instead I asked if I could pray a blessing over him and he agreed. I prayed that God saw his heart and also his heart for excellence. I prayed for his complete healing to continue and that he may be restored to do the work that he loves to do in how God created him to be and do his God given work. He agreed in a firm "Amen!" I said my goodbyes to "J" and walk down to the end of the shower fixtures aisle and he shouted behind me, "It feels better!" I gave a cheer with my hands in the air and said, "Thank you Jesus!"

I left the HD parking lot that day so grateful that God gave a huge nugget of beauty in what seemed like chaos! He is SO GOOD!!!

Am I special that God used me in a miracle healing?
Yes & No.
I will agree that I am special and that God uses me, but He didn't use me because I was special. He used me because I was available to say, "Yes" to him. Experiencing His good work, nature, love is what makes me special. And it is what makes you special too.

Ask God what He wants you to partner with Him today. It may or may not include praying for a miracle. Maybe it is just spending time alone with Him...and that makes you special, because God is always looking to single you out (in a good way) and reveal Himself to you and others for who He really is.


Comments

Popular Posts